When Apple unveiled iPadOS 15 earlier this 12 months on the annual Worldwide Builders Convention, there have been quite a lot of new options introduced. That included a reasonably large replace for help for Apple’s Swift Playgrounds app. Having the ability to construct apps proper from the corporate’s pill lineup was excellent news on the time.
Table of Content
However it’s been a little bit of wait since then. Even after iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 initially launched again in September, the app itself has wanted to be up to date to help the brand new function. However, for the oldsters who’ve been ready for this explicit growth, the wait is lastly over. Swift Playgrounds model 4.0 is now obtainable to obtain and set up.
And, as you’d count on, it’s a free replace. Regardless of what’s packed into it.
Initially, the flexibility to develop apps utilizing Swift, Apple’s growth language, proper on the iPad. This implies you may construct an app from scrap, and even launch it on the App Retailer, proper type the iPad. No Mac required in any respect within the course of.
This does require iPadOS 15.2 or newer, although, so hold that in thoughts. Apple launched that software program to the general public earlier this week, and it’s obtainable to obtain and set up now.
Right here’s the changelog for the remainder of what’s new in Swift Playgrounds 4.0:
Swift Playgrounds 4.0 options:
- Construct iPhone and iPad apps with SwiftUI proper in your iPad (requires iPadOS 15.2 or later)
- App Retailer Join integration allows you to add your completed app to the App Retailer
- App Preview reveals dwell updates as you make modifications to your app
- Full-screen preview allows you to see your app edge-to-edge
- Good, inline code strategies show you how to write code rapidly and precisely
- App Tasks make it simple to maneuver initiatives to Xcode and again
- Venture-wide search finds outcomes throughout a number of recordsdata
- Snippets Library supplies a whole bunch of SwiftUI controls, symbols, and colours
- Swift Package deal help allows you to embody publicly-available code to reinforce your apps
So, the wait is over and that’s nice for builders who’ve been wanting to construct apps by way of the iPad.
Swift Playgrounds 4.0 is accessible now. The corresponding Mac model of the app can be obtainable.