Trying to uninstall Chrome apps or Progressive Internet Apps (PWA) in your Mac and might appear to determine how? Right here’s extra about this drawback and three simple strategies to delete them.
Table of Content
Chrome apps on Mac
Whenever you go to some web sites utilizing Google Chrome, the web site would possibly present an alert to put in its Chrome app. Often, the method takes simply two clicks, and these apps begin exhibiting in your Mac’s Launchpad.
Later, whenever you attempt to delete these apps by dragging them to the Trash, it gained’t achieve success. What’s extra, should you press the Possibility key inside Launchpad, these Chrome apps gained’t present the X button to delete them.
Plus, regardless that the Chrome apps seem within the Launchpad, you gained’t discover them within the Functions part contained in the Finder.
Subsequently, to delete these Chrome apps, you’ll have to observe one among these strategies.
1. Uninstall from contained in the app
Observe these steps to delete Chrome apps or PWA out of your Mac:
- Open the app you want to take away.
- Click on the three-dots icon from the highest proper of the window.
- Click on Uninstall app identify.
- Lastly, click on Take away.
2. Use AppCleaner
AppCleaner is one among my all-time favourite Mac apps that I’ve been utilizing for a number of years. It permits you to cleanly delete apps and their residual folders. Plus, AppCleaner additionally permits you to uninstall apps that usually refuse to be deleted from the Launchpad.
Be certain that the Chrome app you wish to delete isn’t open. Whether it is, right-click on its app icon within the Dock and select Give up. You can even press Command + Possibility + esc and power stop the Chrome app.
As soon as the Chrome app is stop, observe these steps to delete it:
- Open AppCleaner in your Mac.
- Click on the bullet listing icon from the highest proper to see all of your put in apps.
- Select the Chrome app and click on Take away.
3. Use the Chrome apps folder
Observe these steps to seek out the Chrome apps folder in your Mac and delete undesirable apps:
- Be in Finder and click on Go > House from the highest menu bar.
- Click on Functions > Chrome Apps.
- Choose the Chrome app you want to delete, control-click it, and select Transfer to Trash.
- Lastly, empty the trash.
Tip: You may present the House folder in your Finder sidebar. For this, open Finder and press Command + Comma (,) keys to see its preferences. Click on Sidebar and verify the field for this consumer account.
These had been three simple methods to do away with Chrome apps on your Mac which might be in any other case onerous to delete through regular strategies. I hope this tutorial was useful.